Limiting beliefs are beliefs that hold you back and prevent you from living the life you want. These beliefs can be negative, self-defeating, and unrealistic, limiting your potential and hindering your progress. Examples of limiting beliefs include believing that you are not good enough, that you do not deserve success, or that you are incapable of achieving your goals.
“I’m not good enough”
“I can’t succeed”
“I can’t change”
“I’m not worthy of love”
Limiting beliefs can be difficult to identify and hard to overcome, but with the help of a holistic expert, you can unlock your potential and achieve your goals quicker than trying to heal on your own.
Here are a few tips for dealing with your limiting beliefs:
- Identify your limiting beliefs: Pay attention to all the things you tell yourself, and look for patterns or false beliefs that strongly hold you back.
- Challenge your beliefs: Ask yourself if your beliefs are true. Are they supported by evidence? Are they helpful or healthy? What purpose do they serve?
- Replace your limiting beliefs: Instead of holding onto falsities, replace them with positive and empowering reinforcement. For example, if you have the belief that you are not good enough, replace it with the belief that you are capable and worthy.
- Take action: Changing your beliefs is not enough. Take small steps towards your goals, and remind yourself that you “can do this” along the way.
- Seek support: Overcoming limiting beliefs can be difficult, so it’s helpful to seek support. Rescript Your Life Now with Roberta Mittman is a very supportive community for encouragement and help.
Let go of the negative beliefs that you tell yourself.
Letting go of past experiences, people’s opinions, and societal norms can be difficult to change, but when you can open yourself up to new possibilities, life becomes more manageable.
The Rescripting technique is used to help clients manage limiting beliefs, fears, and sadness. If you’d like to learn more about how this technique can work for you, here are four ways to inquire:
- Watch this video that talks about not believing your negative thoughts.
- Watch this clip that focuses on getting over “why you’re not enough”
- Check out my testimonials to learn how clients have improved after Rescripting sessions.
- Join my Facebook and Instagram pages to view updates, stories, and videos that will inspire you.
Additionally, as a bonus, you can join a Discovery Call to see how this simple strategy can help you increase resilience by learning to ride the waves of stress and fear.
Keep the past where it belongs—in the past.
Grow beyond your limiting beliefs in 2023.